We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Sticky Asian-style salmon with broccoli, quick pickled cucumber & rice
Cooks In35 minutes
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 649 32%
Fat 24.7g 35%
Saturates 4.2g 21%
Sugars 14.9g 17%
Salt 1.5g 25%
Protein 34.5g 69%
Carbs 76.5g 29%
Fibre 5.4g -
Of an adult's reference intake
- 150g brown rice
- 160g tenderstem broccoli
- ½ cucumber
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce , reduced-salt
- 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- olive oil
- 2 120g fillets of salmon , scaled and pin boned, from sustainable sources
- 3cm piece ginger
- 2 spring onions
- 2 teaspoons runny honey
- Cook the rice in a large sauce pan of boiling salted water for 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Place a colander over the pan and cover with a lid. Chop the broccoli into 3cm chunks and add to the colander to steam for the last 8 minutes.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways, scoop out the seeds, then finely slice into half-moons and place into a small bowl. Drizzle with ½ a tablespoon of soy sauce and squeeze over the juice from half a lime, scrunch and toss together, then leave to pickle.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes, or until golden, keeping them moving in the pan. Tip into a small bowl.
- Place the pan back on the heat, turn the heat down to medium-low and drizzle in 1 tablespoon of oil, add the salmon fillets, skin-side down, then cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger. Trim and finely slice the spring onions and add the whites to a bowl with most of the ginger. Add the remaining soy sauce, honey and the juice from 1 lime, then mix well to make a glaze.
- Pour over the salmon, turning to coat, then cook with the lid off for a further 2 to 3 minutes, or until beautifully glazed and just cooked through.
- Drain the rice and tip back into the pan with the broccoli and ginger. Squeeze in the juice from the remaining lime half, season to taste and stir.
- Divide the rice and salmon between your plates, spooning over any extra glaze from the pan. Drain and add the quick pickle, then serve scattered with the toasted sesame seeds and remaining spring onion.