We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Roasted root vegetable & squash stew with herby couscous
Cooks In1 hour 10 minutes
Nutrition per serving
Calories 367 18%
Fat 8.4g 12%
Saturates 1g 5%
Sugars 16.5g 18%
Protein 10g 20%
Carbs 58.2g 22%
Of an adult's reference intake
- ½ a butternut squash
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 carrots
- ½ a small celeriac
- olive oil
- 1 splash of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 red onion
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 x 400 g tin plum tomatoes
- 500 ml hot organic vegetable stock
- HERBY COUSCOUS
- 50 g couscous
- a few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ a lemon
By Phillippa Spence
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- Deseed the squash and roughly chop along with the sweet potato. Peel and chop the carrots, then trim and chop the celeriac.
- Put the chopped vegetables on a roasting tray, then toss in 2 tablespoons of oil, the red wine vinegar, thyme and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are just cooked.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Peel and finely slice the onion, pick and chop the rosemary leaves, then add to the pan along with the bay leaf and flour.
- Stir well, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft.
- Stir in the tomato purée and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes and 400ml of the stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take the roasted veg out of the oven, stir them into the sauce, and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- To prepare the couscous, tip the grains into a small heatproof bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the remaining hot stock, cover and leave for 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, pick, roughly chop and stir in the parsley leaves, add a squeeze of lemon juice, then fluff up with a fork.
- Season the stew to taste and serve with the herby couscous.